Ultra-Violet/Infrared Flame DetectorSource: Emerson Process Management, Rosemount Analytical
Net Safety’s UV/IRS ( Ultra-violet/Infrared ) flame detector delivers exceptional performance with many distinct functions and features. Two precise spectrums of radiation must be recognized and confirmed by highly tuned sensors for the UV/IRS to initiate a fire condition.
Net Safety’s UV/IRS ( Ultra-violet/Infrared ) flame detector delivers exceptional performance with many distinct functions and features. Two precise spectrums of radiation must be recognized and confirmed by highly tuned sensors for the UV/IRS to initiate a fire condition. This accurate and reliable flame monitoring technology combined with immunity to arc welding, hot body radiation, lightning and sunlight greatly reduces costly false alarms while providing critical safety performance to your site and personnel.
Enclosed in a rugged, explosion-proof housing, the Net Safety UV/IRS flame detector uses the latest in modular microprocessor and Ultraviolet/Infrared sensor technology — delivering accurate and reliable monitoring for hydrocarbon based fires. It’s capable of stand-alone operation or can be connected to a variety of networked safety systems to create a dependable fire monitoring system.
The UV/IRS Flame Detector has many unique features which make it one of the industries best: an extra wide field of view — up to 120 degrees; user defined sensitivity and time delay settings can be completed in the field with no special tools required; one of the lowest power consumption levels and widest voltage range available on the market; plus the option of a separated HART communication interface at ground level.
Net Safety has engineered a superior UV/IR flame detector that is simple to operate and maintain while delivering all the security and performance required for high-risk, industrial installations!
Features and Benefits
- Two radiation sources necessary for alarm - Minimize false alarms events
- Field of view of up to 120 degrees - Wide coverage per detector
- Explosion-proof, Class I, Division 1 certified - Suitable for hazardous locations
- Low Power Consumption, Wide Voltage Range - Lower overall costs, voltage drops non-issue
- Multiple Output Options - Analog, Relay, Digital RS485 Modbus RTU protocol, and HART Communication protocol with optional ground-level HART Communicator input
- Connect indoors and out, directly or up to 2000 feet away - Flexible installation
- Immune lightning, arc welding, sunlight and hot body radiation - Limits false alarms caused by nearby activities
- Adjustable swivel mount - Simplifies installation and lowers cost
- User programmable sensitivity and time delay settings - Fine tune performance to specific applications
- Multi-colored, high intensity LEDs - Visual detector status in the field
- Manual and automatic testing of optical surfaces - Allows maintenance scheduling by evaluating cleanliness
- Watchdog timer monitors internal electronics - Continuous system self-diagnosis